Nothing beats a big bowl of homemade guacamole! Serve it with tortilla chips for a savory snack or spread a big smear of it on toast and top with a poached egg for lunch (yes, please!). This creamy guacamole is sure to please any crowd. It comes together in minutes and couldn’t be easier; the hardest part is waiting for the avocados to become perfectly ripe. Once your avocados are soft but still bounce back when you press on the skin, they are ripe. If you’re not going to use them right away, store them in the fridge, which stops the ripening process. The avocados should be a bright green on the inside. If there are any dark spots or brownish color, your avocados may be overripe. Usually, you can just scoop that part away and discard it.
Garnish with lime wedges and serve with tortilla chips and salsa!
This Guacamole Is a Crowd Pleaser!
- 1 1/2 to 2 medium-large ripe avocados, pits removed and flesh scooped out of the skin
- 1-2 Tbsp. of red onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 grape tomatoes of varying colors, optional (flesh removed and discarded if possible)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Few dashes of hot sauce, or more if you like it spicy (I like Siete Chipotle)
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper (black pepper is fine if that's what you have on hand)
- Step 1 Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Step 2 Using a fork or a potato masher, start breaking down the avocado.
- Step 3 Once the avocados are mashed, begin mixing and incorporating the everything together until a creamy texture forms.
- Step 4 Serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in the fridge. Use it quickly, as avocado naturally browns very easily.