If you’re like me, there’s just something so comforting about the luscious, velvety smoothness — and flavor –of pumpkin pie filling. In this breakfast-worthy smoothie, I created a healthy, good-for-you combination of ingredients to get your day started on the right foot! You get all the flavor and comfort of pumpkin pie without the calories or refined sugar.
- If you can’t do nuts, try using oat milk or coconut milk. Any non-dairy milk that you like will do!
- Be sure not to use pumpkin pie filling; you want to use pure pumpkin. It will say it on the front of the label.
- If nut butters don’t work for you due to a nut allergy, try subbing sunflower seed butter instead.
Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Smoothie
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsp. pure pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted almond butter (raw if possible)
- 2-3 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 small grating of fresh nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp. ground golden flaxseed
- Step 1 In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Step 2 Add crushed ice if you prefer your smoothie to be very cold and slushy.