A fresh batch of granola each week is something I love to set aside time for. It takes just a few minutes to pull together if you have a well-stocked pantry. I love this granola for breakfast sprinkled on Greek yogurt and drizzled with honey — or I’ll grab a handful as an afternoon snack. The addition of bee pollen granules — sprinkled on after the granola is baked — may sound a bit weird, but it’s a great way to add some extra health benefits. If you can find them at your local health food store, give them a try!
- I used slivered almonds here, but feel free to use any nuts that you have on hand (raw and unsalted is best).
- I used a dairy free butter, but you can also sub coconut oil or regular unsalted butter
- I don’t recommend using steel cut oats for this recipe
- If you don’t like dates, sub dried cranberries, chopped apricots or raisins
- Filling a jar of these delicious and nutritious granola is also a great gift idea!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats (I like One Degree Organic brand)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (I like Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/4 flaxseed (not milled)
- 5-6 pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup bee pollen
- 3 Tbsp. coconut or date sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter, such as Myoko's brand
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut flakes, almonds, flaxseed, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix to combine.
- Step 3 In a small pot, melt the butter. Remove from the heat and whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Step 4 Pour the melted butter mixture over the dry mixture and mix well to coat.
- Step 5 Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and press down lightly to ensure the mixture is in an even layer.
- Step 6 Bake for about 15 minutes, remove from the oven, toss it with a spatula and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Step 7 Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the bee pollen, cacao nibs and chopped dates. Toss again. Place another piece of parchment on top and press down gently. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Step 8 When cool, scoop into an airtight container and store in a cool place, such as the pantry.
- Step 9